There I was in my kitchen, minding my own business… trying to neutralize the smell of the fish tacos my husband cooked the night before. I grabbed my trusty bottle of Birdy Botanicals Nest Room Perfume with Orange, Clove and Cedar and exactly at that moment heard loud grunting and gnashing of teeth and the arhythmic, thumping cadence of someone (or some thing) climbing my back stairs, all announced by the acrid marriage of rotting meat, mildewed laundry and a hint of spearmint. What can I say—I develop beauty products. Then it appeared. A foul, malignant visage, trembling and screeching, with a face that looked like it had been removed, pulsed a few times in a Cuisinart and re-applied with a spatula. Eeew. And it was at my back door and obviously was not a Jehovah’s Witness… …at least any longer.
Getting a facial from a skin care expert can gives a boost to your regimen.As the holiday season is rapidly approaching we all want to look our best. During the flurry this time of year we forget to concentrate on number one. Do something nice for yourself. You might want to treat yourself to a real facial from a professional esthetician. Professional facials are a great way to improve your skin and get an expert opinion about whether your skin care routine is working for you. Here are a few tips if you decide to go for it.
- Do your research. Make sure you are seeing a licensed esthetician.
- If you book a specific facial be prepared that your skin care expert may suggest a different treatment after talking with you and looking at your skin.
- Always tell them about allergies or sensitivities. Mention any oral or topical medications you are taking for your skin. Also, tell them if you use any AHA’s (Alpha Hydroxy Acids.) A good esthetician will ask you questions before they begin.
- Don’t book a facial within a week of an important event. You don’t know how your skin will react to a treatment.
- They may ask about your routine. You’ll get the best results if you’re honest with them. Don’t be shy.
- Ask questions and to discuss what sort of results to expect.