When, where, why and the skinny on some ingredients and productsThere are a of couple questions I get asked over and over again about anti-aging. The subject of wrinkles is stressful enough to give the average person anxiety. The extent some people go to look younger can be downright scary. Besides that, trying out the latest Anti-aging fad can cost you an arm and a leg. Sound familiar?
Here’s what you want to know:Question: “When do I start using anti-aging products?” Answer: Like, yesterday. It’s about “anti” aging. The goal is to not lose the elasticity and collagen in your skin. It’s easier to prevent lines from settling in then it is to take them away once they appear. With that said, it doesn’t mean you can’t reverse things a little if you already are experiencing signs of maturing skin. You can also improve texture and tone which will make a huge difference on the quality of your skin.
Ingredients like Vitamin C and antioxidants will help fight off effects from the environment and over exposure to the sun. Essential oils can help tone, balance and improve texture of the skin and also reverse fine lines that have set in. Exfoliants remove dead skin cells and allow new ones to grow.If you’re over 18, you’re old enough to start using anti-aging products. Question: “How do I use them?” Answer: Anti-aging products can be delivered in cleansers, serums and moisturizers.
- For cleansers, don’t use them more than once a day.
- If you’re using a Serum, apply it before moisturizer.
- If you’re anti-ager comes in the form of a moisturizer, this is the last thing you would apply before sunscreen.
- Use the same product for both day and night
- OR, if you want to get the benefit of different antioxidants in different formulas then you can use one product during the day and a different product at night. BUT!, beware of super-active ingredients like glycolic acid, retionol and Alpha Hydroxy Acids. These are great ingredients but they don’t always mix and too much of a good thing is not always a good thing.
- DMAE helps improve skin elasticity.
- Reduces fine lines and sagging for the day to give a more chiseled appearance.
- Most importantly, I think of DMAE as botox in a bottle. Because it reduces lines and sagging for the day you are keeping those wrinkles from forming and not allowing them to settle in. It’s a super gentle ingredient with a major “Wow” factor. With continued use you can help stop wrinkles in their tracks!
- It’s an ingredient you can afford.