I love summer, but come Fall I am ready to refocus on my household routines. As I take in what’s happened to my environment over the past three months I soon realize I need some fast, easy and cheap solutions to get my life renewed and back on track. In my opinion, cleaning and organizing is a major fun sucker. This girl wants more time to do what she loves, pampering herself! While in my uncharacteristic Martha Stewart mood I discovered some ideas from Pinterest and other sources that helped me reuse, reduce, recycle and best of all, save time and money.
First, organize my cleaning routine:
- Find a cleaning schedule online and reduce your cleaning to 15 minutes a day.
- Get a totable plastic bin to hold all of your cleaning supplies (Protect your hands! Make sure it includes rubber gloves).
- Finish what you start. The more consistent you are the easier it’ll be.
A couple of nifty tips to save green (money) and be green.
- Keep a box of used, but clean, socks under the sink for quick and easy dusting.
- Keep pretty bottles on your windowsill to dry washed ziploc and plastic bags.
- Use newspaper to origami a compost container instead of buying expensive bags.
- Check out my “Green Cleaning” Pinterest board for ideas on how to use less chemicals in your home.